Thursday 28 October 2010

My Twitter Papers

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Twitter is great.

One of the best things about it is using links from people I follow to discover new blogs, stories, pictures and videos I would not have found otherwise. As these have been recommended by people I’ve chosen to follow, they tend to be more focused than “Stumble Upon” recommendations are. They also tend to be new and current as opposed to those things that have been round the internet block once too often.

But the immediacy of Twitter is also its biggest drawback – what about the hundreds of tweets I miss when not online? Dozens of interesting links that just go a-begging – never to be seen by me, never to enrich my life, engage my mind or, occasionally, enrage me?
paper.li is a neat tool which brings together links from the people you follow into an electronic paper format – allowing you to browse items you might otherwise have missed.
I’ve had a bit of an experiment and produced a couple of papers – have a browse and see what you think:
They'll be automatically updated daily too, so if you like them, check back! If you use Twitter, why not create your own and see what you have been missing.
Andrew

No comments: