Friday 28 January 2011

What this blog needs is a touch of class...

....but I'll leave that for another time. Instead this post features a ballet classic as you may not have seen it before.

Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo are an all-male group of classically trained dancers performing parodies of some of the best known ballets. I saw them some years ago and approached the performance with some scepticism; I had seen them perform a piece on television but could the joke sustain a whole show? What I experienced was one of the funniest and most fun nights I've ever had in a theatre.

The finale is a unique, ehm, "interpretation" of Mikhail Fokine's The Dying Swan:



You can visit their website for more information and tour dates. They're touring the UK in March and April - well worth a gander if they're in your vicinity!

Andrew

No comments: