Friday 29 April 2011

Bad Republican

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a confession to make.

I'm a Bad Republican.

Despite the fact that I've never been in favour of the Monarchy, I do love a bit of pomp and circumstance. I'm also happy to acknowledge that the present Queen has fulfilled her duties diligently and to the country's benefit for very many years. I also have a lot of time for the Princess Royal who works hard but not so much in the public eye.

So today, I've been watching - and enjoying - the Royal Wedding and I wish both Prince William and the new Duchess of Cambridge well. It would be churlish to do otherwise or to bang on about Republicanism too much.

As we await the Royal Party on the balcony at Buckingham Palace, there's six words words which are normally heard at weddings which haven't been uttered yet. Here they are, courtesy of Channel 4's "Twist Our Words" application:



The embedded video seems to be temperamental - here's a link instead

Andrew

No comments: