Sunday 18 December 2011

Sunday Sounds 28: Two Kyries (and a Kiwi)

I wasn't sure what to post today and was toying with pieces by both Rachmaninov and Beethoven before I made my decision to go with Karl Jenkins. 

Specifically, I've chosen his Kyrie from "The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace". This rendition is from the first Slovenian performance of the work:




There's a bonus today as well because I also found a Kyrie by an Argentinian composer, Ariel Ramirez (1921-2010). This is from his work "Misa Criolla" and is taken from Kiri Te Kanawa's album "Kiri sings Karl" which was conducted by Karl Jenkins and contained a number of his works along with some others, such as this:



Enjoy!

Andrew

1 comment:

Raybeard said...

I didn't know either of these, the first being reassuringly rhythmically regular and tonal for a contemporary work. Quite moving, in fact. Enjoy them? Yes I did. Thanks, Andrew.