Saturday 2 February 2013

Saturday Six 24


Another tardy edition of Saturday Six, so let's jump straight in!

I'm not normally a fan of lists of "Influential Gays" or even "Influential gay people" but I quite liked this series of portraits from The Guardian. The link is to one of Omar Sharif Jr (whom I had never heard of) but I like most of the pictures in the series.

Last Sunday saw Andy Murray take on Novak Djokovic in the final of the Australian Open. Sadly my prediction that he would lose in four was right. Two days previously, he had taken on Federer in the Semis - Pseudo Fed Blog has the inside story on some of their exchanges...

You may well have read of the HMV employee who tweeted as the administrators made redundancies in the marketing department during the week. Liberal Conspiracy has more details on the woman behind those tweets - in her own words.

On the issue of Cats v. Dogs, I'm very much on the side of the former. If you are unsure of how to pet a cat (especially if you are more used to dogs) then this handy petting guide will help you avoid some of the pitfalls. Do not assume that because your dog likes being petted all over that a cat will...

Apparently 817 (count 'em) entire Acts of Parliament were repealed on Thursday when the Statute Law (Repeals) Bill received Royal Ascent. These included the Female Orphan Asylum Act of 1800 (and related legislation), the Extradition Act 1873 and the Assam Railways and Trading Company's Acts of 1897 and 1910. 

And finally, my friend Will does Burns' proud with his reading of A Man's A Man For A' That.

And there we have it, another six for your Saturday... Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a Rugby match to go and watch! 

Andrew

No comments: